Venture Concept No. 2
Putting It All Together
Opportunity:
Opportunity:
- transportation systems around university campuses are either too expensive for such a short drive, or not convenient for people who need to get to places quickly.
- My market is located in college
- I believe this opportunity is very big as thousands of people travel around a college campus daily.
- The window of opportunity is infinite as people will always need transportation.
Innovation:
- The only innovative part about my idea is that I relies mainly on scooters as a mode of transportation.
- Currently I have no knowledge of a similar service existing.
Venture Concept:
- My reason to believe customers would use my product over others is that it is faster and more convenient than any current transportation service.
- I believe customers will see this and switch to my service with relative ease.
- My competitors are car transportation services such as taxis or Uber, and public transportation such as buses.
- Their weakness is that car transportation services are very costly even if your destination is within a few miles of your starting point. For buses, they are not convenient as you have to walk to and from bus stations. Both of these have the problem that they are not fast enough if you are in a hurry.
- Price point
- plays a major role in my service as it is one of my main advantages.
- I would charge customers based on the distance and time it takes to arrive
- Distribution
- my method of distribution is through an app which allows me to reach many customers in a short period of time.
- customer support
- I see customer service a being important as it would allow me to keep my customers happy.
- Why scooters?
- Scooters are one of the fastest transportation around college campuses as they do not have limited access to roads while cars do.
- Scooters are very fuel efficient which will allow me to lower the average price point for a ride.
- I plan to provide this service only around college campuses, as it is unsafe to drive scooter in large highways with many cars
- This may seem like a bad thing at first, however this would mean that rides would be short and fast.
- As well, I planned on targeting people who travel around college campuses, so this would not be a problem.
- Moreover, since the drivers are only allowed to travel short distances, they are closer to more customers.
- This means after a ride is finished, a driver is within close proximity to another customer.
- This would mean shorter wait times for customers ordering a ride.
- For the most part, my venture concept stayed the same. I talked more specifics about the price point.

I don’t think many of us had many changes on this assignment. It’s hard since we already gave so much feedback throughout the class. I told Bailey I think at this point in real life it would benefit us to find another set of us with fresh feedback to continue making improvements. Enjoyed watching your ugly baby grow over the semester.
ReplyDeleteIm glad you further developed this idea and I had fun listening to your venture concept through the semester, I hope you become a Scooter-Uber millionaire. I agree with Antonia when she mentions that its hard to give feedback, but overall I had fun reading and interacting with you.
ReplyDelete