What’s Next?
Existing Market.
Step 1:
Before I can even think about how to get customers, I believe the next step to my venture is acquiring scooter drivers to work for me. I think the my service, Scoot, should be marketed to a starting university first. I believe the University of Florida is a great location for this. I would advertise job listings for scooter drivers online and around the campus. Currently, students at the university use personal transportation or the many other services I outlined in my previous post. So next, I would introduce my service as a cost effect replacement to those public transportation.
Step 2:
Interview 1: Interviewee 1 brought up a great point and said that I would need to set up the legal part of my business first. I overlooked this as hypothetically, I would have all this setup already.
Interview 2: Interviewee 2 said I should create the app and test it. I thought this would fall under my plan of getting drivers and customers at the university. My plan was to start at the University of Florida first so I can see how things pan out and tweak my business plans before expanding to other universities.
Interview 3: Interviewee 3 provided good feedback and said I should hand out flyers and such at Turlington in order to advertise.
Step 3:
After interviewing the three people, it gave me a clearer idea on what to do. So lets say hypothetically, that I already started up the business, meaning I already made the app and all the legal things are out of the way. My next step would be to test out my service. I would do this at the University of Florida by first acquiring drivers, then advertising my app so that customers can try it out. Within the app, I would ask for feedback to see how both customers and drivers feel about the app.
New Market.
Step 1:
Currently I am targeting college campuses as my main market. Another very different market I could see my venture working with are major cities. Specifically, that are very concentrated within a small area such as New York City.
Step 2:
I believe my service would create value to the people in this market, as they have similar characteristics to my current customer avatar. People in major cities require transportation that is quick and cheap. As well, major cities like New York are often plagued with horrible traffic. With my venture idea, scooters could slip through traffic to get people to their destinations faster.
Step 3:
Interview 1: My friend who lives near Los Angeles. He said that my idea could possibly work, the only problem is that scooters may be banned in certain roads due to safety precautions.
Interview 2: My friend who attends NYU. He said my idea would work within the city, as many people already use transportation service that are not as good as mine.
Step 1:
Before I can even think about how to get customers, I believe the next step to my venture is acquiring scooter drivers to work for me. I think the my service, Scoot, should be marketed to a starting university first. I believe the University of Florida is a great location for this. I would advertise job listings for scooter drivers online and around the campus. Currently, students at the university use personal transportation or the many other services I outlined in my previous post. So next, I would introduce my service as a cost effect replacement to those public transportation.
Step 2:
Interview 1: Interviewee 1 brought up a great point and said that I would need to set up the legal part of my business first. I overlooked this as hypothetically, I would have all this setup already.
Interview 2: Interviewee 2 said I should create the app and test it. I thought this would fall under my plan of getting drivers and customers at the university. My plan was to start at the University of Florida first so I can see how things pan out and tweak my business plans before expanding to other universities.
Interview 3: Interviewee 3 provided good feedback and said I should hand out flyers and such at Turlington in order to advertise.
Step 3:
After interviewing the three people, it gave me a clearer idea on what to do. So lets say hypothetically, that I already started up the business, meaning I already made the app and all the legal things are out of the way. My next step would be to test out my service. I would do this at the University of Florida by first acquiring drivers, then advertising my app so that customers can try it out. Within the app, I would ask for feedback to see how both customers and drivers feel about the app.
New Market.
Step 1:
Currently I am targeting college campuses as my main market. Another very different market I could see my venture working with are major cities. Specifically, that are very concentrated within a small area such as New York City.
Step 2:
I believe my service would create value to the people in this market, as they have similar characteristics to my current customer avatar. People in major cities require transportation that is quick and cheap. As well, major cities like New York are often plagued with horrible traffic. With my venture idea, scooters could slip through traffic to get people to their destinations faster.
Step 3:
Interview 1: My friend who lives near Los Angeles. He said that my idea could possibly work, the only problem is that scooters may be banned in certain roads due to safety precautions.
Interview 2: My friend who attends NYU. He said my idea would work within the city, as many people already use transportation service that are not as good as mine.
Hey Czar, after reading the first part of this assignment, I thought that maybe you could actually do a lot of your test work at Santa Fe. That way, you don't affect UF student's perception of the product it's actually ready to go. Obviously the hiring process would have to be repeated once you transitioned to a new campus, but I honestly think that will be the easiest part of setting up your business anyway.
ReplyDeletemore difficult than the rest of the city. I would assume this would be similar than operating at UF. To expand this service, you could also do a deliver service for food, etc. My sister works in downtown LA in the courthouse. When she is on break but doesn’t quit have time to run somewhere, I bet she would love to have someone quickly deliver food, coffee, etc. to her. I’ve only drove past the courthouse so I’m not sure how many food places are around but I’m sure some days people crave something specifically that isn’t nearby.
ReplyDelete