Idea Napkin No. 1

1) You. My name is Czar Parreno, I am a third year student here at UF. My major is computer science with a my minor in entrepreneurship. I’m good with computers in general and throughout my years in college I’ve learned to code. My aspirations is to design the mobile application for my business concept. If I were to start this business I think it would play a big role in my life as I would have to dedicate time for research and building the application.

2) What are you offering to customers? The service I am offering is a transportation service much like Uber, in which customers book rides using a mobile application. Scooters are used to transport customers. My transportation service, which I named Scoot™, is only available within close proximity to college campuses. This is because it is dangerous to ride scooters in main roads. The benefit of only having the service to be around college campuses is that if a customer were to book a ride, there would be an abundance of drivers within close proximity.

3) Who are you offering it to? The majority of my customers would be college students and other people who travel around college campuses. They would use the service if they do not want to walk or if they are stretched thin on time and need to get to their destination fast. An example of this would be if a student was running late for class they could order a Scoot and get there faster. The common characteristic that all my customers would have is that they travel in and around college campuses and are sometimes in need of faster and more convenient transportation.

4) Why do they care? My business provides customers with cheaper and faster transportation. Taking this into account, customers would pay me money as my business is geared specifically for college campuses and is fast, cheap, and convenient. I believe there are a lot of people who have the problem of traveling around campus every day, and currently there are no convenient and cheap solutions.

5) What are your core competencies? What makes my idea different is that the rides they are ordering are scooters rather than cars. Since scooters are being used, the rides cost much less, as well it is much faster to get around a college campus. As well, my business would only available close to college campuses which means the scooters are always close to customers.

6) In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others. I believe that all of these elements work together. With my background in computer science I would be able to create the application, if not by myself then with the help of my friends. The only thing I am missing is knowledge in creating a business such as this which involves hiring drivers, to drive around customers. I do not know where to begin with the legal process and paperwork for such a service.

Comments