Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
As this class has a rigorous work load, I have developed a schedule to split the 2 assignments, due every Friday, throughout the week. Every Monday I look at the assignments that will be due at the end of the week and plan my week so I have time to do a portion of the assignment every day.

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
A moment I felt like giving up was for the first assignment where we had to interview people. It was really hot outside and everyone I tried to talk to said they were too busy. What pulled me through was the satisfaction of completing the assignment. These past two months I definitely believe I've developed some tenacity. Especially when it come to talking to people for interviews. I believe the repetition helped contribute to this. Doing all those interviews has made me more comfortable talking to strangers.

3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
A tip I would offer the student's for next semester is to always keep track of the assignments and just to keep them in mind so you give yourself enough time to do them.
Another tip for developing a tenacious mindset is to just be prepared for the work load. Knowing your enemy is half the battle. 
Another tip would be to surround yourself with positive influences. Hang around friends that do homework so they can help you focus. 



Comments

  1. Hey Czar,

    I definitely relate to the interview comments. They are probably what I have struggled with the most in this class because they're a lot of work. In the same way that I hate group assignments because you have to depend on other people, I think conducting good interviews can be tedious and annoying. However, they're also the thing for me, and I think for you, that has helped developed a good amount of tenacity. I really liked the tips you gave, especially the one about positivity. Tenacity is certainly a virtue, and it's a lot easier to have when you're surrounded by people who want to support you and nourish your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lucked out with interviews since I targeted a group I'm surrounded by on a daily basis. I hate you have that struggle. I love your graphic. I'm currently displaced due to Hurricane Michael and that's what I feel like right now. I'm just hoping to get the boulder over to the other side. We are there with this class though! So that is one mountain we have climbed. I need to take your advice and look at next week's assignments and plan. I am losing track of days. I swear yesterday was Columbus Day. Everything after that has been a blur.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment