Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

Here's what millennials know about investing – and what they should know

  • I believe an opportunity exists here as the author cites surveys and studies and provides many statistics.
  • The prototypical consumer would be millenials that have no current investments, yet are scared to invest.
  • I believe this opportunity is simple to exploit, but would take time. Before investing, millennials need to invest time researching and learning how to safely invest so they do not lose money.
  • I saw this opportunity because I myself have invested some money into cryptocurrencies.

Job openings hit record high, and more people than ever are confident enough to quit

  • I believe an opportunity exists here as the author provides many statistics. According to the labor department, there are 7 million job openings with the highest being from vacancies in finance and manufacturing.
  • The prototypical consumer would be those unemployed looking for a jobs in the finance and manufacturing sectors.
  • I believe this opportunity would be hard to exploit, as the amount of people looking for jobs in those sectors are only a small amount of the population of people looking for jobs in general. As well, some of those jobs have requirements that most do not fill.
  • I saw this opportunity because I myself is unemployed and have been looking for a job. However, I have not yet found one that has good pay.

H.R. 589: Department of Energy Research and Innovation Act

  • I believe an opportunity exists here because research has lead to many great discoveries, so anything that helps laboratories would be of great benefit.
  • The prototypical consumer would be scientists in research laboratories. The bill would provide great initiative in many areas of research.
  • I believe this opportunity would be easy to exploit because if the government funds the proper research, new innovations could change the world.
  • I saw this opportunity because I have always been fascinated with research and innovation. I believe that scientists and inventors have impacted the world the most.

H.R. 6227: National Quantum Initiative Act

  • I believe that an opportunity exists here because quantum sciences could be the key to the the next big thing.
  • The prototypical consumer would be scientists and programmers interested in quantum science and technology. 
  • I believe this opportunity would be difficult to exploit because we know so little about the quantum world.
  • I saw this opportunity because I myself have always been interested in quantum computing. I believe it is the key to the next big technological discovery.

Comments

  1. Hey Czar! I found this assignment kind of hard, as it was hard to decipher what was an economic trend, so I decided to focus on current stocks. I like your angle, looking at macroeconomic factors like labor, more people quitting leads to companies scrambling to fill the position and keep its other employees. I also found your acts interesting, as it diverges from business to more scientific and innovation areas. Are you interested in science as a career field? Maybe combining entrepreneurship and science? That would be a unique and interesting line of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second person to address job openings and the difficulty filling those positions. This has been a problem for years. There so many venues on where employers post jobs that it’s impossible to search all of them. I’m always impressed by those that find jobs not through word of mouth. I think maybe this might be a more exploitable opportunity if we narrow down who the prototypical customer is. Maybe universities and recruit students to certain degrees with money from businesses who advertise with them. I know this was brought up to me as well, but maybe we need to continue digging deeper to get to a specific need, a smaller customer population and specifically how we can target them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that people should know how to invest the moment they begin to have disposable income of their own. As soon as millennial have their first job and begin to generate income, I think that they should then learn how to use their income to make more money. This is an opportunity that becomes available when you have more money that what you spend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment