Entrepreneurship Story

A time in my life I was exposed to Entrepreneurship was when I was in the 7th Grade. My older sister, already in high school, was selling candy bars in school. She would buy the the variety pack candy bars from Costco and sell each piece of candy for one dollar. I remembered her showing me the profits she accumulated and I was impressed. At one point she got so good at it people recognized her ability. Even the principle noticed, and recruited her to help in school fundraising events by selling Krispy Kreme donuts. Ever since then the idea of Entrepreneurship has excited me. Not because I wanna own a business or because I want to be recognized, but because I want to money… a lot of money. All I really in want in life is to be rich; billionaire rich. As I matured I realized that the majority of billionaires are entrepreneurs.


My Sister and I

Comments

  1. Hey Czar! I used to sell candy back in high school as well! It was a great way to fundraiser money for the clubs I was in and provided a positive gain for the buyers. A small business like this is a great way to get your feet wet in entrepreneurship, as it gets you acclimated with target markets (hungry teenagers) and how to increase your profit (what candy sells best and adding other sellers to your business). Entrepreneurship is a hard career and takes a long time to get your product up in running or in stores, but yes, being a billionaire is a nice thought, kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe, I think that your idea of want you want in life is not going to take you to positive directions. When you say "money, I want a lot of money" I strongly disagreed with you. I think in life one must be happy in their career and make a living out of it. If my goal in life was to make money (as you mentioned) I live to work and make the money I desire so much. On the contrary, my goal in life is to live the good live, learn about other people, learn from your experiences, learn from friends, practice hobbies, self improve, feel and listen to your emotions and then.... work to make a living to sustain your family and pass on the values and principles you grew up to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Czar,

    I think it's sweet that your sister was the first thing that came to mind when you thought about this prompt. It sounds like she may be a good resource for you to use throughout this class; perhaps she will be able to help you develop some of your ideas! I do think that wanting to be a billionaire is fine life goal if that's really truly what you want, but perhaps chasing that dream via an entrepreneurial venture may be incredibly difficult. I think most men who make it to that billionaire status obviously have a goal of making money, but their passion really is for their product. Maybe try finding something you really love, and then figuring out how to monetize that passion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment